We are a branding and creative services studio working with clients who are committed to the quality of their products, the caliber of their services, and the integrity of their causes. Let’s do meaningful work together.
The General Design Co. is looking for a mid- or senior-level designer to join our award-winning team based in Washington, DC.
We are a tight-knit team of thinkers, designers and doers with diverse backgrounds but one common belief in the simple principle of caring—about our work, our clients, each other and the world we live in. We each have a position but our roles bleed together, overlapping in ways that create support and versatility. There are no prima donnas and no one who is afraid of rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty. We are looking for a Designer who shares those traits, believes that empathy is a powerful tool, and understands the difference between design and decoration.
Position – Mid-Senior Level Designer
Experience – 3+ years
Salary – Based on experience
Benefits – Holidays, paid time off, healthcare, and more (like snacks!)
Requirements & Key Characteristics
- BA in graphic design
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of design principles such as concept, layout, typography, color, etc
- Strong verbal and written skills whether writing copy or a carefully worded email
- Clear, articulate communication of ideas and solid presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, talented and passionate about design
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Collaborative spirit and a genuine interest in the success of the entire team’s work
- Ability to brainstorm, give and receive feedback, and assimilate instructions into actions while understanding when to go beyond just the feedback provided
- Focused organizational and project management skills with a strong ability to multi-task, manage deadlines as well as client and team expectations
- Reliable with a sharp focus on details, you notice errors and inconsistencies that clients may make, not the other way around
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with expert knowledge of publication/book design in InDesign, logo and identity systems in Illustrator, photo retouching and color correcting in Photoshop
- Knowledge of printing and digital techniques and production file preparation
- Dependability, a strong work ethic, a pleasant personality, and an open and accepting mind
- 3+ years professional experience
- Strong pluses: illustration, photography, interactive/digital, video, copywriting, social media strategy, building things with your hands
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org